Dienstag, 26. Januar 2016

Sore throat? How to ease the pain

 What I would recommend:

I had a sore throat for almost the whole of last week and it was really painful. I found a few easy ways to ease the pain and I want to share them with you.

First of all: Drink a lot! That might be the most obvious one, but it is also the most important one. When you drink you keep your mouth moisturized and help wash away the bacteria in your throat.
I would recommend tea or water. Sage tea is really helpful and if you don't like the taste mix in a bit of apple juice and it will taste good.

The next thing is to put a warm towel or something similar around your neck. The pain will be lessened and it also just feels nice and helps the healing progress.

Furthermore I recommend to eat ice when the pain is too much. (I know, the opposite of the advice above, but it also helps so who cares? ) It tastes good and helps against the infection.

Lastly I find eating (sucking? licking? not sure what fits here) sugar free bonbons. They also help to keep your mouth moisturized.

I hope some of this could help you and that your sore throat will be better soon!

xx Louisa

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen